Before we embark upon any new project it is imperative to assess the practicality and the success rate of the scheme. A feasibility studies (FS) will assess and incorporate everything from conceptions, designs, financial management, liability assessments, as well as a large scale of site investigations.
The scope of the FS covers the following aspects, at minimum:
- Project description, location and interconnection point.
- Solar irradiation availability of proposed project site.
- Geological and geotechnical assessment.
- Power and energy determinations.
- Conceptual design and work programmer.
- Basic economic analysis, methodology and approach.
- Cash flow calculation.
- Internal rate of return (IRR) analysis.
- Payback period calculation.